[wisb] Shrike at Lake Farm Park - no luck

  • From: Peter Fissel <pfissel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Birding Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 21:21:06 -0500

Since the rain held off, I went down to Lake Farm Park just south of Madison as
soon as I got home from work.  Greg Hottman arrived moments after I got there
(hmmm... that happens a lot lately...)  We walked out as far as the second
parking lot, scanning all across the open fields and over into the marsh, but
no sign of Nolan's shrike sp.  My knee told me I wasn't going to be checking
the back prairie, which does have some nice shrubby habitat.  Greg did spot a
Common Leaf Shrike, of which I have seen many.

Peter Fissel
Madison, Dane Co.