[wisb] Sapsuckers - FDL Co.

  • From: "Lori Inderdahl" <dinderdahl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bird emails" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2014 09:19:48 -0500

I also have 2 very large silver maples on my front lawn.  Yesterday
afternoon, I had a Yellow-bellied Sapsucker about 5 feet off the ground, and
the sap was running down the trunk.  When I stepped outside, I noticed
another one on the neighbor's tree.  2 in one day, and I haven't seen one
here for about 6 years!!  A WB Nuthatch was also working the neighbor's
tree, but I'm lucky enough to have them all winter.  To make these last
couple days even better, my daughter & I went to White River Marsh Sunday
(my 50th birthday!) and saw my nemesis bird - actually 2 Pileated
Woodpeckers, calling to each other and flying from tree to tree!!  What an
awesome weekend!!  Thanks to Tom Schultz for reporting them there in the
first place, and speaking with me about it last fall.
(and to Peter...I finally got it!!)

Lori Inderdahl
Rosendale, FDL Co.