[wisb] Sandhill Displaying, Photos, Goose Pond, Columbia Co.

  • From: Arlene Koziol <arlenekoziol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Birding Network Birding Wisconsin Wisconsin <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2011 16:21:49 -0500

Sat., April 2. Goose Pond, Columbia County. The pond was iced over with some
open water on the edges. Two Sandhill Cranes were foraging in the vegetation
next to the road. The Cranes became excited and started to call in response to
 two other Sandhills calling in the distance. The Sandhills landed on the ice
and performed a graceful, synchronous display-bowing, walking together and
calling in unison. I was most fortunate to witness the Sandhill Cranes
beautiful, intricate behavior. Below is a link to my photos.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29411257@N00/sets/72157626429527252/

Arlene Koziol
Cook County
Arlington Hts., IL