[wisb] Rufous is banded!

  • From: Nancy B. <backnancy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "WI birding network " <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 09:11:23 -0500

Good news!

Thanks to Mickey and her assistant from the Milwaukee Zoo the rufous
hummingbird was successfully banded this morning! It was a textbook capture
and release and she was kind enough to allow me to do the release. What a
thrill! Pictures will be posted soon. For now I must return to work. Will
keep posting updates until the bird flies south.

Nancy Back

Sheboygan WI

Sheboygan County WI