[wisb] Rufous Hummer in Sheboygan : )

  • From: "Dave&Margaret Brasser" <2shebbirders@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2013 15:25:36 -0500

A big "thank you" to Nancy Back for opening up her yard and providing such
comfortable chairs for our birding today.  We saw the Rufous Hummingbird
briefly at 1:15 p.m. today (Sunday, Oct. 27); took a break for lunch; returned
and saw it again at 2:15, along with Terry Leasa.  We got good long looks at it
the second time.  : )  We felt badly for the two women (one from Chicago, and
her friend from Elkhart Lake) who sat with us from 12:30 - 1:14 p.m., and then
left to go pick apples at Whispering Orchards.  When we saw the hummingbird at
1:15, we leapt from our seats to try and catch them, even running into the
street and waving our arms like maniacs; but they were already a block away and
heading north and didn't see us.  : (  Hopefully they came back after apple
picking and were able to see this lovely little bird.  : )
--Dave & Margaret Brasser
Sheboygan
Sheboygan County

       / \