[wisb] Re: Rufous

  • From: Nancy B. <backnancy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "WI birding network " <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 17:56:31 -0500

Hi folks!
I have been warned a little bit about giving out my address as I guess it
can be overwhelming  so for those of you who will be making a visit so I'd
like to make a few requests:

You may certainly stop by to see the hummingbird if you wish. Of course, I
would ask that everyone be courteous when parking on the street and walking
through the alley to the backyard so as not to be too disruptive to the
neighbors or more importantly the little guy who's just trying to get his
energy fix! We do have a neighbor next door on the alley who works a late
shift and is probably sleeping in the early AM so I would ask for quiet
visits please! Otherwise, I have no objections.

The feeder is hanging from a small crabapple tree at the back of the yard
near my flowerbeds. It's quite visible from most angles. Best viewing is
from in front of the back porch-he does not tolerate it well if you try to
get to close.  As of 5pm today, (10/25) it was still making visits to the
feeder.

Good luck!

Nancy Back

Sheboygan, WI