[wisb] Ross's Goose - Chequamegon Bay Ashland County

  • From: t ocky <timocky@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisconsin birders <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 18:59:42 -0700 (PDT)

This afternoon on my way home from work, I spotted a smallish white goose with
a few Canadas.  Upon a closer look, I found it to be a Ross's Goose, the first
of the year in our area.  Over the next half hour, Ryan Brady, Nick Anich and I
got some great looks and Ryan and Nick hopefully got some good photos.
Blustery weather (a high of 35 and NE winds off the lake today) continues in
the northland with 6-8" of snow predicted for tomorrow night and Wednesday.

Tim Oksiuta
Ashland, WI
Bayfield County