[wisb] Re: Robins eating scuds

  • From: Betsyacorn@xxxxxxx
  • To: mmnowak@xxxxxxxxx, wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 16:08:48 EST

Guessing that robins couldn't take on a missile, I looked up scuds and
realized they are something I have seen but never named before. Thanks to
Mariette, ever the teacher, for bringing a name to these amphibious creatures.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scud_(animal)

How Robins actually get them in this cold is another question  altogether!
They are hitting the crabapples and mountain ash here.  I see  them in the
thick buckthorn patches in the parks as well.

Betsy Abert
SE Milw. Co.