[wisb] Reporting from the Town of Algoma!!!

  • From: Paul Bruce <birdsandfish50@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2013 08:31:58 -0800 (PST)

    Good Saturday to you all --  I actually have some time to spend with my
folks here
west of Oshkosh and managed to get sufficient birding time in too.  Though my
time here
is not really over I was just anxious to get on now.  So, what has been seen so
far, though
not really out of the ordinary,  a nice flock of 70 0r so cedar waxwings was
reall nice, no
Bohemians at all which was a drag,  but mixed in the flock was about a dozen
house finches,
goldfinches and a few siskins.  At the feeder here I counted about a dozen
chickadees, a pair
of nuthatches, (Wb), some of those HF's,  some juncos.and a downy woodpecker. A
cardinal
was singing of to the east. My brother reported to me of an intersting "flock
of geese" he saw
while laying in bed this a.m. He said they looked light colored underneath and
were not Canadas
which left me mighty confused. So from here on if I see something else of
importance I'll check in
later before I leave at 2pm. Otherwise, good birding,
Paul Bruce, south shore of L. Butte des Morts