[wisb] Reducing aircraft-wildlife strikes at airports

  • From: "Kennedy, Matthew J" <kenne748@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 04:40:17 +0000

Dear fellow birding enthusiasts,

As a lifelong birder and professional aviator for over 16 years, I am
conducting a nation-wide study on the level of community support for the
mitigation measures used at airports to reduce the wildlife strike hazard to
commercial aircraft.  Getting input from different regions of the country is
necessary to gauge whether there are regional differences due to varying bird
populations or possible high profile incidents involving wildlife strikes on
aircraft.

users, so your answers will be completely confidential.  Findings will be
released only as analyzed data or summaries in which no individual?s answers
can be identified.  Please take a few moments to share your opinions and
experiences.  I appreciate you taking time from your busy schedule to
contribute toward this important research about community views on wildlife
mitigation measures at airports.

The survey can be accessed at:   https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/XTVS225

If you would like a summary of my findings, please send me your e-mail address
at kennedym2009@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:kennedym2009@xxxxxxxxx>.  Once the study is
complete, I will e-mail the summary to you.

Best Regards,

Matt Kennedy
Matt Kennedy

Graduate student in Aeronautical Science

Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University

Omaha, NE