[wisb] Lake Columbia Eagles

  • From: "Charles Roberts" <croberts672@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 22:36:36 -0600

GlacierMet with several former co-workers for a hike around Lake Columbia,
just south of Portage.  On the far side of the lake, across from the parking
lot, there is a spillway.  We could see about 10 Bald Eagles from that spot.
We tried to find a Golden Eagle, but no luck.  There were a few mergansers
and a nice flock of Mallards.  Blue sky, little wind, it was a nice day to
be out.

Charles Roberts
Cottage Grove, Dane Co.