[wisb] Red Crossbill Ozaukee Co.

  • From: "Sue Peterson" <suechick@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 20:50:45 -0500

This is a possible sighting of a Red Crossbill by a casual birder I know, so
this is second-hand knowledge.  She was on the 16th fairway of Hawthorne Hills
Golf Club and saw a reddish bird that looked just like a Red Crossbill in the
top of a pine tree.  She was watching for Red Crossbills as I had alerted her
to their presence. I was not with her.  This was Wednesday afternoon, August
22. Hawthorne Hills is about 10 miles west of Forest Beach Migratory Preserve
(and Lake Michigan).
If someone is in that area they could check on this possible sighting.
Sue Peterson
Ephraim
Door Co.