[wisb] Racine Bird Festival - May 14th - Live Raptor Show - Come join the fun!

  • From: Jennifer Wenzel <miloloki@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Birding Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 15:28:53 -0500

Hi All,

Hoy Audubon Society has planned a free, fun-filled event for the whole
family on May 14th...."Racine Bird Festival" in celebration of
International Migratory Bird Day.

We have a lot of great stuff planned, including guided bird walks at 8,
9, and 10am, food, music, face painting (10am-2pm), lots of fun
information (bird migration, bird identification, native plants, bats,
Root River water testing), and a LIVE RAPTOR SHOW presented by the
Schlitz Audubon Nature Center from 2-3pm. And did I say it's FREE!?!

And did I say LIVE RAPTORS? Yes!

It will be at the Root River Environmental Education Community Center
(1301 West 6th Street in Racine).

Here's the link to the flyer, check it out and please share it with your
friends....hope you can join us for the fun!

http://www.hoyaudubon.org/IMBD.pdf

Oh yeah, and the best part....we're also celebrating Racine's recent
certification as a Bird City Wisconsin!!! How exciting is that!?!

Jenny Wenzel
Hoy Audubon Society of Racine and Kenosha
Racine Co.