[wisb] Re: RED-NECKED PHALAROPE--Adams County

  • From: Rob Pendergast <acadiantigerheron@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 20:57:37 -0500

I returned this evening and got better looks at the Phalarope, I noticed it
had a black cap and gray front, making it an adult RN Phalarope. I
initially thought it was a juvenile since these two features weren't shown
as prominent in the bright sun. The bird was feeding in the same spot it
was earlier this evening. 28 Common Nighthawks also emerged from the
treeline and slowly made there way south just before sundown.
Good Birding,

Rob Pendergast,
Plover, Portage County

On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 5:44 PM, Rob Pendergast <acadiantigerheron@xxxxxxxxx