[wisb] RED-NECKED PHALAROPE--Adams County

  • From: Rob Pendergast <acadiantigerheron@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 17:44:45 -0500

On my way home from Shoveler's Sink this afternoon, I made a quick stop at
6th Ave Marsh. I was able to pick out a fall juvenile Red-necked Phalarope
near the shoreline. It was feeding with a few Greater Yellowlegs, until an
Eagle flew over and everything flew up and circled several times then
landed again further out in worse light. There was a lot of shorebirds
present, but, most were backlit so getting ID on all of them would be
impossible.
Good Birding,

Rob Pendergast
Plover, Portage County