[wisb] Purple Grackles

  • From: "R & C Dermody" <cdermody@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2011 19:51:39 -0500

What is with the Purple Grackles this year?  Is it just in my neighborhood?  I
have never seen so many!  They are inundating my yard when most years I'd have
two or three.  Yesterday I could see at least 25 hanging out under my neighbor's
feeders, 3 in the next yard and 2 in the following yard.  It reminds me way too
much of the grackles in Mexico that would come in every evening covering all the
trees till they bent over and making such a racket that it was hard to sleep!

Please!  Give me Blue Birds!

Cathy Dermody, St. Francis, Southeastern Milwaukee County