[wisb] Potential sparrow spot in Milwaukee's Lake Park

  • From: "B.G. Sloan" <bgsloan2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 13:55:39 -0700 (PDT)

Been meaning to mention this, but only just now remembered...

For those of you who bird Lake Park, I've noticed a place in the park that
looks like it might have potential for migrating/wintering sparrows. It's at
the far south end of the park, in the general vicinity of the intersection of
Wahl and Bradford. The park is very narrow here, at the top of the bluff
overlooking Lake Michigan and Bradford Beach.

There aren't a whole lot of trees at the top of the bluff here. But the upper
reaches of the bluff are thick with foxtails, and my past experience has
been that sparrow species LOVE foxtails.

I haven't seen anything interesting yet at this location, but I'm checking it
out every morning on my way home from Lake Park.

Bernie Sloan
Milwaukee