[wisb] Bayfield County migration

  • From: Ryan Brady <ryanbrady10@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 14:23:15 -0600

I saw a modest migration at my house near Washburn on Wednesday morning.  Only
had an hour to watch and 11 species of warblers but many more birds were flying
south overhead well into mid-morning.  Also had a couple Philadelphia Vireos,
Bobolinks, Lincoln's Sparrows, Alder Flycatchers, and others.

On Chequamegon Bay, the flock of hundreds of Double-crested Cormorants is
always worth checking this time of year as gulls and terns congregate with
them.  This morning the flock was out from Maslowski Beach on Ashland's west
side and hosted 32 Bonaparte's Gulls and 22 BLACK TERNS -- the most I've ever
seen here during fall.

Ryan Brady
Washburn, Bayfield County, WI
http://www.pbase.com/rbrady