[wisb] Possible Gyrfalcon in Goose Pond area (Columbia Co.) today

  • From: "Peter A. Fissel" <pfissel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Birding Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2014 15:03:05 -0500

I just had a call from Jim Otto, who was looking at photos his wife
Suzanne took this morning in the Goose Pond area of a large raptor.
They are currently without a computer, so Jim was describing to me what
he was seeing on the camera screen, and it certainly sounds as though it
could be the Gyrfalcon that has been seen in the area previously.  The
caveat here is that I haven't seen the photos, and Jim hasn't seen a
Gyrfalcon before. It may be a couple days before they get the pc back
from the repair shop.

Jim was up there this afternoon and didn't find the bird.  He did say
there were still a lot of Greater White-fronted Geese at the Harvey
Rd./Hwy 60 ponds.

Peter Fissel
Reporting for Jim and Suzanne Otto
Madison, WI