[wisb] Re: Possible Gyrfalcon in Goose Pond area (Columbia Co.)

  • From: "Peter A. Fissel" <pfissel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 09:22:00 -0500

Suzanne just stopped by and showed me her photos of the raptor at Goose
Pond yesterday - certainly appears to be a Gyrfalcon.  We even compared
it to the photos of the one seen there previously, and it is very likely
the same bird.  As soon as they get the computer back from the shop,
they'll submit documentation (well, Jim will help Suzanne submit it.
Hopefully, there will be no gloating involved.)

Peter Fissel
Madison WI