[wisb] Re: Photos from Florida I (No Sightings)

  • From: "Mike Duchek" <mikeduchek@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Wisconsin Birders" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 19:28:41 -0500

Wow great photos Mikko.  The head on frontal shot of the black skimmer is
really cool, especially.

Speaking of birds that Mikko saw in Florida, I had an Oystercatcher here in
Milwaukee today too.  OK, it was at the zoo.  But the MC Zoo is not a bad
place to look for (wild) birds either.  I had a redhead and a pair of
buffleheads today and have also spotted brown creepers, warblers,
flycatchers and other halfway decent birds there as well.  Plenty of nice
woods on the zoo grounds and other assorted places that interesting birds
might show up.  And there are some cool birds in the aviary as well!

-Mike Duchek, Waukesha, Waukesha Co.