[wisb] Pheasant Branch Middleton

  • From: JAMES F SCHWARZ <jfschwar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Birding Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 12:18:12 -0500

Nolan Pope and I stopped at Pheasant Branch for a while this morning.

One surprise was to have a BROAD-WINGED HAWK land near us as we approached
Parmenter Street.
It was in the grass near the sidewalk going up to Parmenter that we also had
the closest looks at three PINE WARBLERS.

A new bird for the year was on the other side of Park Street where we saw a
BLUE-GRAY GNATCATCHER.

Jim Schwarz
Madison, Dane Co