[wisb] Re: Pelicans on Pelican Lake (Oneida co)

  • From: Karen Etter Hale <chimneyswift1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 21:57:07 -0500

Hi Nancy,

A woman called the Audubon office on Thursday very excited to report
some pelicans at Long Lake in Florence County, not TOO far north of you.
She saw them first on Wednesday, but from a distance and thought they
were the local trumpeter swans - until the pelicans showed up on their
side of the lake on Thursday. As is true for many people, she had no
idea there were pelicans in Wisconsin and was very interested to learn more.

Karen Etter Hale
Lake Mills
Northwest Jefferson Co.