[wisb] Re: Owl Surveys (link to sign)

  • From: "Peter A. Fissel" <pfissel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Birding Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2011 10:00:47 -0500

Glad to hear people took advantage of the favorable weather last night.
  Sadly, I was hit with some kind of bug yesterday and couldn't get out
myself.  Malcolm mentioned a "friendly police officer", which I've also
encountered, as well as other concerned passersby stopping to see if I'm
having car trouble.  There is a dashboard sign available at this link:

http://www.hawkridge.org/research/springowl.html

(Scroll down to the "Dashboard Sign" link below the Adobe logo.)  It
identifies you as an Owl Surveyor, and might help fend off a
well-meaning person stopping to check on you (especially if you're in
the middle of your five-minute count period!)  I put mine in one of
those clear plastic tabbed covers with a black backing sheet for
stiffness and then stick the tab over the top of my back driver's side
window.  Worked really well with the CBC sign that Noel sent, also.

Peter Fissel
Madison WI