[wisb] Re: Off Topic, but IMPORTANT; TICK TIME

  • From: Maureen Gross <cygnusbuccinator@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2014 09:35:44 -0500

I talked to a tick researcher last weekend and he said the "Lone Star
Tick" may also start showing up in WI especially if we have long spells
of warm weather.  As harsh as this winter has been, he said the snow
actually helped insulate the ticks and helped them survive this last
winter.  He also said that prairie burns go a long way in keeping tick
numbers in check.

I hope whomever that person is in CA suffering from the after effects of
Lyme disease recovers rapidly and completely.  Thanks for the sobering
wake up call Tom.

Maureen Gross
Mukwonago, Waukesha County