[wisb] Nighthawks: Necedah WR Juneau Cty

  • From: Douglas Stratton <stratton.douglas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 11:28:59 -0500

Last night, I stopped by the goose pool off 9th St. In the Necedah WR.  Did
not see any mute swans but at dusk was greeted by over 15 nighthawks (and
lots of bugs).  While going through the refuge I also saw 2 whooping cranes
flying.  On two previous stops at the goose pool I had also seen a loon,
but not tonight.  Also about 10 -15 trumpeter swans, 10 SH Cranes and 10 GB
Herons.
--
Douglas R Stratton
Onalaska, La Crosse County