[wisb] New Storm Birds-Waukesha Cty.

  • From: Maureen Gross <cygnusbuccinator@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: WisBirdNet <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2011 12:28:36 -0600

New species have shown up at my feeders with this severe storm.  On Jan.
31, a White-throated Sparrow appeared beneath the feeders as the storm
began to build.  Today while shoveling out the bird bath (buried under 3
ft. of snow), a Song Sparrow was feeding below my feeders.
Has anyone else seen new or unusual species at their feeders?  The snow
storms seem to bring them in.

Maureen Gross
Mukwonago, Waukesha County