[wisb] Neenah Gulls (No Kittiwake)

  • From: Stuart Malcolm <stuart.malcolm26@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisbird <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 19:46:53 -0600

Further to Daryl's post I spent an hour around Neenah this afternoon from 4-5pm.

There are still thousands of Gulls in the area and although I didn't see the
Kittiwake it might still be around, there was a large amount of gull movement
all around but it was too cold to watch for long!

There were large gatherings of Gulls behind Neenah Library (on ice), by the
hospital (on a small patch of ice), in the river itself (completely ice free
today, it will be interesting to see what happens overnight), and at the
entrance to Lake Winnebago by the Lighthouse. There was a very close Iceland
Gull and a Thayers Gull here. A Lesser Black-Backed was behind the library.
There were also four or five Ring-Billed which I haven't seen for a while.

There were lots of Gulls out on the lake as well, certainly more than there
were on Sunday.

A Ruddy Duck was on the river.

I didn't have time to check Jefferson Park or Little Lake Butte de Morts.

If you go looking wear every piece of clothing you own!

Stuart Malcolm
Appleton

Sent from my iPad####################