[wisb] Need Immediate Help for Injured Woodpecker

  • From: Mark Nofsinger <shadycharactermark@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 08:18:30 -0600

There was a Red-bellied Woodpecker at my feeder this morning apparently
choking on something. What looked like plastic was sticking out the sides of
its beak and it was unable to swallow the bits of suet it was pecking off.
It struggled for a while and then dropped to the ground. I looked up the
local wildlife rehabilitator number but the DCHS isn't open until 3 today.
The bird left while I was getting my laptop. What can I do for it if and
when it comes back? It looked very distressed.
Mark J. Nofsinger
Madison, WI

--
http://shady-character.blogspot.com