[wisb] Mon birding

  • From: "Seegert, Greg" <gseegert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 12:36:50 -0400

Hello all

After picking berries and doing chores at the farm, yesterday I drove
from BD to Manitowoc to try to add little gull to my year list.  On the
way,  I stopped just N of Waupun along S Frontage Rd just S of the
151/26 interchange where a dickcissel was reported previously.  Even
though it was 1400 and 86 F, he was on the telephone line singing when I
arrived.  At the impoundment in Manitowoc, I saw at least 2 L gulls, a
black scoter, a hooded merg, 3 spp of terns....caspian, common and
forster's, and standard L Mich fare.  Thanks to Charles Sontag? for
helping me with the L gulls.

Greg Seegert

Deerfield, IL