[wisb] Re: Mississippi River area

  • From: Alex Stark <thearctictern@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Chris West <little_blue_birdie@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 19:28:07 -0500

Like Chris said, there are plenty of Pelicans and Cormorants. I have been
seeing a few rafts of Amerian Coots close to Lynxville and Stoddard. Just
South of Goose Island is the largest concentration of waterfowl that I have
seen between La Crosse and Prairie du Chien. There were many Northern
Pintail, Gadwall, American Wigeon, Blue-winged Teal (PLENTY!), a couple
American Black Ducks and of course Mallards. There is a mudflat that can be
viewed from this turnoff that has also had Pectoral Sandpipers recently but
I have seen many other shorebird species here too. Bring a scope.
Alex Stark, La Crosse