[wisb] Milwaukee today

  • From: "Todd Wilson" <maxpaul@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 18:21:17 -0500

I got a late start today, but managed to get down to the milwaukee river around
11. Best find was a yellow-bellied flycatcher. Seems rather late??
Also saw a female RT Hummer flying around and followed it until it landed in a
tree about 20 ft up. when I got her in my bins I realized she was sitting in a
nest. Went home to get a camera and brought my 12 year old son and his friend
down to view it. They were quite impressed, which was great since they usually
show little interest in the natural world. Here's a pic:
http://www.tdwilson.org/pics/birds/rthu2_web.jpg

Also, I 've been busy recording bird songs this summer and I've posted a few
here:
http://www.tdwilson.org/sounds/

This is a new endeavor for me, so constructive criticism is always appreciated.

Todd Wilson
Milwaukee