[wisb] Milwaukee Lakefront, Lakeshore State Park, etc, Cooper's Hawk images today

  • From: Jim Edlhuber <jimedlhuber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 19:45:35 -0600

Greetings,

I took a run down to the Lakefront in Milwaukee, Lakeshore State Park, Post
Office and CGI.  It was actually a pretty nice day with the bright sun out.
Lakeshore State Park was very quiet, a 100 ducks east of LSP mostly Greater
Scaups. Around the Art Museum there were guessing 1000+ ducks, mostly
Greater Scaups, some Goldeneyes and a couple of Mergansers. 100?s of Gulls
from the Post Office to Lakeshore State Park in the river. CGI produced one
Kestrel. The CGI was all ice. The highlight of the trip was a Cooper?s Hawk
sitting in a tree hunting on the Summerfest grounds. I spotted it on my way
back to my car when I figured the day was over. I did get some images of it

Link to some of today?s images:

*
https://picasaweb.google.com/109038919513758014473/MKELakefrontFeb82011#5571490216767041410
*