[wisb] Milwaukee Gulls

  • From: John Idzikowski <idzikoj@xxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 19:10:28 -0600 (CST)

This is a resend as my first message apparently did not go through.

The mouth of the river at Summerfest Marcus west to the post office was
swarming with returning gulls today on the southerly flow. Steve Lubahn called
me after he found the interesting darker backed adult gull in the digital
linked below. I was able to get only this shot before it flew. Also check out
the first winter bird in the lower left corner. The best vantage point today
was the boat ramp on S Water St just south of Water Street Self Storage.

http://my.execpc.com/CE/5F/idzikoj/gulls/gull021211.jpg

John Idzikowski,
Milwaukee