[wisb] Milwaukee Caspian Tern, Cormorant??

  • From: thomas657@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2011 22:03:08 -0400

I had the chance to visit Lakeshore State Park for a few minutes on Sunday.   I
was hoping for a better chance to photograph the Caspian Terns.  But, this was
the best of the bunch.  I think the other photos are of a Cormorant based on my
limited knowledge.  I was a bit surprised to see it.  Both are firsts for me.

Caspian Tern:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/22836210@N03/5655559849/in/photostream

Please tell me if my assessment is wrong.
Cormorant: http://www.flickr.com/photos/22836210@N03/5655562609/in/photostream
Cormorant: http://www.flickr.com/photos/22836210@N03/5656132912/in/photostream

My base flickr site with other birds, flowers, and critters:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/22836210@N03/

Thanks,
Tom Wright
Wales, WI