[wisb] Merrill Varied Thrush - Gone

  • From: "Jym Mooney & Carol Lee Hopkins" <hopmoon@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Wisbirdn" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 17:00:21 -0600

I spoke to Richard Martin again this afternoon, and for the fourth straight
day the varied thrush has not shown in his yard.  Richard is of the opinion
that it has moved on.

Thank you to the people who sent me contact info on other varied thrushes in
state.  Unfortunately, I hit the road for the north very, very early this
morning and did not get any of the messages before I left.

It was a cold but beautiful day in the Nicolet National Forest.  Had a
really nice view of a male pileated woodpecker and saw two groups of
white-winged crossbills, and also saw several evening grosbeaks in Alvin, in
addition to commoner species.

Jym Mooney, Milwaukee