[wisb] Re: Merganser question

  • From: Mike Wanger <misterwanger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Birding on the net <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2014 17:01:46 -0500

Betsy, a female Common has been seen (and photographed) earlier this month
at Sam Myers Park in Racine on three different days. I'm guessing mine is a
juvenile male in transition. Here's a photo:
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/HboeoM8nG4X8hR0MvDjOBdMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

Also, the Harrington Beach Waterbird Count Group reported one yesterday.

I was wondering the same as you.....it's awfully early......

Mike Wanger
Milwaukee