[wisb] Many FOYs Today - MKE County

  • From: Chris Petherick <cpetherick@xxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Bird List Wisconsin Bird List <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2011 19:03:18 +0000 (UTC)

Maybe it's because I haven't been doing much birdi watching recently, but had 5
FOYs this morning as I spent a few hours at the Schlitz Audubon Center.
FOY - Tree Swallows(dozens), Eastern Phoebes (7), Wood Ducks (7),
Yellow-bellied Sapsuckers (5) and Hermit Thrushes (5).

Other birds - cardinal, junco, robin, E. bluebird, geese, RW blackbird, AM Tree
Sparrow, Turkey, grackle, song sparrow, still a few scaup and bufflehead in
Lake Michigan

I could have sworn I heard a Catbird in the thickets near Mystery Pond next to
the amphitheater, but I couldn't find it, so not sure.

Additional FOY in yard today - male and female cowbirds.  Also have 9 Fox
Sparrow and 27 juncos - which is a lot for my yard.

Chris Petherick
Fox Point, Milwaukee County