[wisb] Leola Marsh

  • From: Mike Reese <mikereese@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 23:37:47 -0500

Nothing new at Leola Marsh the last two days but the rain and snow
changed some of the locations to look for the birds. There are many
ducks now using the field east of the big rock on County W. There were
many Mallards pus a few Northern Pintails, and Wood Ducks. There were
also hundreds of Sandhill Cranes and Canada Geese, but the most
surprising thing today was 23 Greater Prairie Chickens, the most I have
ever seen there. I watched them in the field in the southeast corner of
Hwys W&D from 5-6:30pm and was only able to spot 2 males for sure. Below
is a link to a photo that I took from County W.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/29584874@N08/13884028873/in/photostream/?rb=1

Mike Reese
Wautoma, Waushara County