[wisb] Re: Ledge Road

  • From: Peter Fissel <pfissel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: alschirmacher@xxxxxxxx, wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2012 22:42:55 -0500

The Yellow-crowned Night Heron was, indeed, seen today.  It sat on the railing
for an extended photo session by several eager camerapersons tonight, staying
there despite several vehicles coming and going.

Ledge Rd. can be reached by going south on County Z from Hwy 49 on the east
side of the marsh.  The first road you hit is N. Point (which is designated as
a Rustic Rd.) - you can either take that and follow it west and then south to
Ledge, or else keep going on Z until it intersects with Ledge.

Decent shorebird numbers/variety near the YCNH spot.  Also nice selection of
other waders.  Near sunset, 11 BN Stilts finally showed up along Hwy 49 south
of the historical marker (it had been completely dead earlier.)

Peter Fissel
Madison WI