[wisb] Re: Learning Bird Songs

  • From: Tim Hahn <thahnbirder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: DanJackson@xxxxxxxxxxx, Wisconsin Birding Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 17:41:06 -0500

Dan, I had the same experience with John's CD. In my 5+ years working at
Wild Birds Unlimited in Brookfield, I can't count how many times I listened
to that CD, or the companion DVD Birds, Birds, Birds.  Then when I coupled
the mnemonics with my own silly memory hitches, I was able to remember a
ton of bird songs. One of my favorites is this: in my mind the band Devo
must be from Connecticut, because that state's namesake warbler sings "Whip
it! Whip it up! Whip it good!"
Tim Hahn
Pewaukee, WI
( Waukesha Cty)