[wisb] Late report on Barrow's Goldeneye and Crow with White Wings

  • From: "RUECKHEIM KELLY" <rueckel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 01 Jan 2010 13:17:14 -0600

I went out the Picnic Point on the 30th to look for the Barrow's Goldeneye and
was able to find it amongst the flock of Common Goldeneyes.  I had been out a
week earlier and the water is now freezing up quickly.   Also saw GW Teal,
Coots, N Shovelers, Buffleheads, Loons, Mallards, C Goose and B. Eagles.

On the 23rd of December I went to the corner of Salisbury and Schilesman rd in
Columbia county to look for the Gray Partridge that was reported there.  Going
south on Schilesman rd I saw several crows. One of them had large white windows
in its wings.  When  I first saw it, it reminded me of the wings of the Harris
Hawk.

Kelly Rueckheim - Hillsboro, Vernon County