[wisb] Late Report: L-T Duck (Marathon Co.)

  • From: tiger150@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 13:26:47 +0000 (UTC)

A duck-hunting friend of mine says that he saw a Long-tailed Duck flying past
the east side of South Rice Lake in Mead Wildlife Area on Friday. Although he
had never seen one, he is fairly certain it was a young drake. I'm not sure if
it would still be in the area, but it may be worth a check.

Also, apparently a male Long-tailed Duck was shot by a hunter last fall in
Iverson Park (photographic evidence) in Stevens Point (Portage County.)

On a more recent note, I saw and heard *my* first-of-year Brown Thrasher on the
UW-SP campus on Tuesday.

Good birding!

Alyssa DeRubeis

Stevens Point, Portage County