[wisb] Lapland Longspurs and Horned Grebes in Brown County

  • From: "Wayne Kuhn" <waylin98@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2014 22:35:42 -0500

The Lapland Longspurs that I reported on a couple of weeks ago still persist
along Willow Road east of Green Bay, mainly between the intersections of
Phillips Road and Buyarski Road. Large flocks of over 200 fly in circles over
the fields and then settle down. I have even seen a flock in a lone oak tree
making a loud ruckus similar to a group of house sparrows.
Yesterday Jim Johnson told me about some horned grebes that were hanging around
the mouth of the Fox River between the City boat landing and the South Bay
Marina on the east side of the river. I went to check it out and was able find
three of them there.

Wayne Kuhn
Green Bay, Brown County