[wisb] Langlade Co SWANS

  • From: Nancy Richmond <polarpastor@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 18:25:33 -0500

NOW it's spring! I came across 2 lagre groups of Tundra Swans on flooded
fields East and North of Antigo. Estimated them at 500 and 600. Lots of
activity. Lots of noise. Lots of swans! I was thinking they might skip over
us this year with the odd weather and persistant snow/lack of water. but
they're here! I'm going looking W and S of Antigo tomorrow in some of their
usual spots.
Nancy Richmond
Polar- Langlade Co.