[wisb] Lake Kegonsa, dane co.

  • From: "Steve Thiessen" <stevethiessen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisb" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 17:58:54 -0500

  From the Pleasant Springs boat landing (near Kegonsa State Park) I counted 41
Common Loons. Courting Red-Breasted Mergansers were close and fun to watch.
 More ducks were seen from the Fish Camp boat Landing. A great place to get
real close to Canvasbacks.
 An adult Gaucous Gull was also seen from there.
 Lower Mud Lake still has plenty of waterfowl. The one imm. Trumpeter Swan was
still present.
 There is still White-Fronted Geese hanging out near Stoughton. 35 were in the
Hy 138 pond, but I didn't notice any as I drove by the Rutland-Dunn marsh.
 Both teal and Wood Ducks were in the flooded fields on Star School road. 6
blue-wingeds.
 Steve Thiessen Stoughton Dane co.