[wisb] LOTS happeneing in Oshkosh, with good news again

  • From: paul bruce <rdjn560birdcrazy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 23:14:06 -0700 (PDT)

    Good late eveing folks  -----too much to mention at this hour so I'll have
to do this abridged.  6  Horned grebes and 3 common loons off of Menominee park
beach.  Also had 2 fly-over Loons earlier, my son and daughter heard and saw
the other. Yellow-rumped warbler in back yard along with a hermit thrush and
brown creeper.  Chipping Sparrow at work, and oh! before the strom Sunday, I
had 3 Broadwing Hawks and a 15 strong count of Cackling Geese, totally
amazing!  The migration today, Monday, was phenomenal.  Many goose flocks, a
few cormorant flocks, I may've had a martin from a distance, quite likely but
unsure.  High flying nirthbound kestrel was interesting.Ducks in Miller's Bay
were sweet.  Many Canvasbacks, Redhead,et al Aythya's.  All 3 mergansers, 3
more Horned Grebes, these HG numbers are more than a relief over the years. I
struggle to get 1 in an entire year!    I better close, 'tis late.  BUT,  can't
leave without the good
 news portion of this post.  Titan, the Peregrine, weathered out thru that
humongoid T-storm, Sunday.  He was sitting in his box as usual, along with his
long-lost friend, Sparta, the OTHER male Peregrine that joined up with him last
Fall.  Been wondering where he's been.  So now, this makes things interesting.
What will happen should a female appear this migration?
  Your guess is as good as mine, 'night.
   Paul Bruce in his own little paradise in birding heaven.
   Oshkosh, Winn. Co.