[wisb] Kewaunee and Manitowoc birding, Sat 2/16

  • From: Nolan Pope <npope49@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisbird <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 07:26:44 -0600

On Sat, Mark Hodgson, Delia Unson, Chuck Heikkinen, and I headed to
Kewaunee County where we found 9 Gray Partridge at the intersection of Krok
and Town Hall Roads, as reported before.
In Manitowoc, we found the Varied Thrush as reported being on the south
side.   And we found the Red Crossbills at Charles Sontag's feeders (across
from the harbor).

We headed south and west from there, finding flocks of Redpolls including a
Hoary, a Merlin, and a Red-Shouldered Hawk, and the the Eurasian Collared
doves at St Nazianz.

Nolan Pope
Madison, Dane County