[wisb] Junco With Broken Leg

  • From: Max Witynski <birdmax922@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2010 14:41:49 -0600

Wisbirders:
There is currently a male dark-eyed junco in my front yard whose right leg
appears to be badly broken.  It is sticking almost straight out from his
body.  He can still fly and hop on one foot and should find enough seed
under my feeders to survive for a little while.  However, does anyone know a
rehabilitator I could call or have any ideas for what I could do?  Or should
I just leave the bird alone?

Thanks,
Max W,
Madison, Dane