[wisb] Re: IMPORTANT: fair warning to all subscribers using a Yahoo email address

  • From: John Longhenry <mesquakie8@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "sykes@xxxxxxxxxx" <sykes@xxxxxxxxxx>, "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Network" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2014 22:02:13 -0700 (PDT)

Tom~
A little bit of over reaction here but then I've not had to deal with the
problems you are facing.  I've not been hacked that I'm aware of and have been
a Yahoo user for well over 10 years and use nothing else.  I enjoy and
periodically contribute to wisbirdn with my sightings when I visit Wisconsin.
I will truly miss my daily emails if this becomes your policy and guess I'll
have to depend on Facebook more for my sightings and sharing.

Thanks for the past help.

John Longhenry
Rockford, IL
On Sunday, April 6, 2014 11:55 PM, Tom Sykes <sykes@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

We (Peter and I) have repeatedly warned about using Yahoo and now, having had
to deal with yet another massive dropping of accounts, I have decided that this
will be the last and final time anyone using a Yahoo address will be re-added
to the list.

FAIR WARNING: Any subscriber using a Yahoo account and that account is dropped
as a result of either being hacked or as part of a mass unsubscribing, it will
not be added to the list again.

If you have a Yahoo account and feel the need to complain, by all means contact
Yahoo. I'm completely fed up with Yahoo and Yahoo addresses will no longer be
welcome on Wisbirdn. If you wish to participate on the list you'll need to use
another email address.

Tom Sykes
sykes@xxxxxxxxxx